How about changing main image of Elrond? He looks a buit...uh...odd? --Morgan 12:20, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- What did you have in mind?-- 13:40, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- That Elrond looks odd in this picture.--Morgan 16:06, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I honestly don't like any of the images of Elrond already uploaded to TG.-- 17:32, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I prefer the current image to the previous one, but, as KingAragorn says, I don't think any of them are particularly great. I would be tempted by a film-image, and would suggest this one if it weren't for the weird contrast. On deviantArt, the vast majority of Elrond images are Hugo Weaving. Our current image is fourth on a Google Image search for Elrond. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:52, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I like this one. We can always ask DeviantART artists for permission.-- 13:08, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- Would you prefer a photograph from the film, or an artistic picture of Hugo Weaving's Elrond?-- 14:11, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- That's defiantely a great picture, KA! We should ask him/her for permission, and put use it as our main image. Maybe we should also ask if could have these images too: Fingon, Lúthien, Legolas, LOTR, The Lost Road, Galadriel, Maedrhos, Arwen, Finrod, Finrod, Tirion, Gandalf rides to MT, Aragorn, Rivendell. Actually al his/her images are great. --Amroth 14:33, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- How's this one?-- 17:34, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- That one is good. --Amroth 18:53, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
Not a Noldo – in the essay "The Problem of -Ros", Tolkien states that, although his ancestry includes all elven clans, Elrond favored his Sindarin descent preeminently. I have removed reference to him as a Noldorin elf. Inasmuch as he chose to be an elf, he also gets a say in his heritage, which is Sindarin.
 Infobox image
I think we should change the infobox image to something like this because illustrations based on the novels are favoured. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to all. Also, two other images on the page are from the films while there is a supply of others. --DoctorWellington 23:20, 26 January 2018 (UTC)
- I agree it should be changed. My own preference is this image; although I like the one you've chosen, long images in infoboxes can create a bit of a problem with the layout of the page so they should be avoided (see Tar-Telperiën). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 08:30, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- True. The image you suggested is very good, and it won't make the infobox interfere with the page content. --DoctorWellington 14:58, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
 Lineage breakdown?
Should i add a breakdown of elrond's lineage into the page? it might be useful. also inform me if i should add the same breakdown onto elros's page? --Kulid123 22:08, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
 Inaccurate statement
Subsequently he became the only character to appear in all three of The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings.
- I suggest we remove it, it's inaccurate and OOU. Sage 06:42, 26 March 2021 (UTC)
- Out of universe seems perfectly appropriate in the "Other versions of the legendarium" section, which is entirely OOU content. I just corrected the inaccuracy by mentioning Gandalf.-jerodast 07:20, 18 October 2021 (UTC)
Perhaps it is time to choose another profile image. The current one is not the best I could think of. For now I propose the one by Ebe Kastein. Sage 06:42, 26 March 2021 (UTC)