Merge w Nandorin?
Should this page be merged with the page for the "Nandorin" language? They are virtually identical and are often used interchangeably with one another being synonymous.--WhiteWizard 15:30, 19 September 2020 (UTC)
- You are right. The Nandorin article relates the language with the Danian Elves, but there is no real difference. --LorenzoCB 15:44, 19 September 2020 (UTC)
- Ok that's good to know. I feel like they could be compressed into one article with sections for the Elder Days and the later ages. I think that this page should be moved to the "Nandorin" article. Let's see what others think!--WhiteWizard 16:45, 19 September 2020 (UTC)
- It seems to me that Nandorin refers to the general FA family, and Silvan the language of TA Rhovanion. Sage 06:07, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- It's sort of like that; however, they are used interchangeably when used and the Silvan Elves are descended from the Nandor who remained in the Vales of Anduin so the languages stayed virtually the same until it came under Sindarin inlfuence in the Second Age. The only available words of the Nandorin language are those also of the Silvan tongue, which is now in disuse. Besides, their histories are virtually identical with one another so they should be merged.--WhiteWizard 17:04, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me. The Template:Languages will need updating if this goes through. Gaetano 20:00, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- No of course not because they have lot's of different information whereas Nandorin and Silvan Elvish are synonymous terms which are constantly used interchangeably. Also the Silvan elves created DIFFERENT cultures of Nandor whereas the language stayed virtually untouched so comparing the two is invalid.--WhiteWizard 00:30, 22 September 2020 (UTC)