Fourth Age 1
Fourth Age 1 (abbreviated to Fo.A. 1 or F.O. 1) is the 1st year of the Sun of the Fourth Age of Middle-earth. Unless otherwise stated, Tolkien Gateway follows Shire usage in Appendix B for reckoning Fourth Age years: Fourth Age 1 was also known as S.R. 1422 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- The beginning of the Fourth Age in the reckoning of the Shire.
- Birth of Eldarion, son of King Elessar of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor and Queen Arwen.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Carl F. Hostetter (ed.), The Nature of Middle-earth, "Part One. Time and Ageing: XI. Ageing of Elves", p. 78
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"