- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
 Blanking of the Aragorn page
Blanking of pages is destructive and not constructive. Vandalism will not be tolerated and destructive edits will be reverted. --Akhorahil 14:52, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, it was an accident.--Shivam 15:01, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- It's alright if you make a mistake. I've seen various users accidentally blank pages before. Just be sure to undo something if you mess up so there's no actual damage. --Grace18 17:05, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- Yep, I correted it.--Shivam 01:48, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
 Editing of the parentage of Aragorn and of the quote
Thank you for your interest in the Tolkien Gateway and for wanting to spend time to contribute to its contents. I recommend that you study the structure and formatting in other pages before you decide if something should be changed so that the structure and formatting are consistent. I also recommend to use the Show preview button and to check if your edits contain any typographical errors or omissions. If you Look at the pages for Elrond and Elros, you will see that it is customary that the roles of the parents (e.g. father, mother, foster father are mentioned after the name of the parent or foster parent after a comma). If you look at the Elrond or Gandalf pages, you will see that it is customary that quotes from LOTR are not in bold (they are not the most important element in a page). If you look at your edit, you will see that there was a typographical error and that a character was missing in foster father. --Akhorahil 08:28, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Ok, I am again sorry I will correct it. Thank you for the advice.--Shivam 12:42, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
 For signature
- When you edit a page there is a box that starts with "Insert:" below the box that starts with "Summary:". Click in the last symbol in the Insert box that looks like two minuses and four snakes (tildes). This Symbol will automatically create your signature with the date and time of the edit when you preview or Save the edit. Only use the signature on talk pages or in forum pages. Edits on normal pages are not Sohnes, but in the HISTORY of a page people can see which user made which change. --Akhorahil 16:14, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks.--Shivam 01:40, 10 April 2021 (UTC) See my Username does not act like a link to my page.