|Location||Border between Rohan and Gondor|
|Description||East flowing stream, tributary of the Entwash|
The Mering Stream formed the border between the realms of Gondor and Rohan, together with the White Mountains and the Mouths of the Entwash. West of the Mering Stream lay the Eastfold, and to its east lay Anórien. The Mering Stream flowed through Firienholt, which grew about the mountain Halifirien, last of the Warning beacons of Gondor.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings" in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 773
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", note 46
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names", entry sîr