(Redirected from January 9)
Events that occurred on 9 January.
 On Earth
- 1881 - Scholar Lascelles Abercrombie is born.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 254.
- 1965 - J.R.R. Tolkien starts writing Letter 267.
- 1965 - The fourteenth episode of the Princess-serialization of The Hobbit is published.
- 2003 - Heren Hyarmen changes its name to "Heren Hyarmeno", the correct Quenya genitive to mean "Order of the South".
- 2004 - The Times Literary Supplement publishes "Not Worn Lightly", Tom Shippey's review of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.