Mablung (ranger of Ithilien)
|Mablung from The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game|
|Position||Soldier of Gondor, Ranger of Ithilien|
|Birth||Late Third Age |
|Clothing||Green gauntlets, clad in green and brown of varied hews|
|Gallery||Images of Mablung|
- "We come to ambush the Men of Harad. Curse them!"
- ― Mablung
Together with Damrod, Anborn and several others, Mablung served under the Steward's second son, Faramir. They were sent to intercept a troop of Southrons in March T.A. 3019, and there, they came across Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee. While standing guard over Faramir's guest with Damrod, he briefly conversed with them. Faramir, in the meantime, went on to ambush the Haradrim.
With his Lord injured, Mablung was given command of the Rangers after the Battle of Pelennor Fields. When the Host of the West marched on the Morannon, Mablung and his troops discovered an ambush by Orcs and Easterlings that lay hid in Ithilien. The ambush was quickly turned.
 Portrayal in adaptations
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "The Window on the West"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Black Gate Opens"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Ring, "Faramir"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Index"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "The Etymologies"
- ↑ Radio Times, Volume 133, No. 1725, November 30, 1956
- ↑ Decipher Inc., The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, 4U127, Mablung - Soldier of Gondor