(Redirected from November 2)
Events that occurred on 2 November.
 On Earth
- 1918 – Inkling Roger Lancelyn Green is born.
- 1956 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 193.
- 1958 - Taum Santoski, Tolkien linguist, is born.
- 1983 - Actor Michael Spice dies.
- 1986 - Voice actor Paul Frees dies.
- 1990 - Donald A. Wollheim dies.
- 2002 - The symposium "J.R.R. Tolkien: The Man Behind The Lord of the Rings" is held at the Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. Tom Shippey, Randel Helms and Ron Newcomer speak.
- 2004 - The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is released in North America.
- 2010 - The Lord of the Rings Online: Allies of the King, "Ride of the Grey Company" is released in Europe.
- 2010 - The Lord of the Rings Online goes free-to-play for the general public in Europe.
- 2011 - The Loss and the Silence: Aspects of Modernism in the Works of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien & Charles Williams is published.
 In Arda
- F.A. 495:
- T.A. 3018:
- T.A. 3019:
- The above event was commemorated in Buckland by sounding the Horn of the Mark and other festivities.