|Other names||Îdh, Eord|
|Position||Healer of hurts and weariness|
Estë the gentle is the wife of Irmo and offers rest and cure of hurts and weariness. Her favorite place is an island in the tree-shadowed lake of Lórellin where she sleeps during day, always clad in grey.
Estë dwelt with her consort in the gardens Lórien, the fairest of all Arda. There, many Maiar served her and her husband. Este and Irmo, the Lord of Dreams, tended to the Elves of Valinor, even the Valar who came to find repose and ease the burden of Arda.
Tilion, a hunter of Oromë, had often come to the gardens of Lórien to bathe in the silver light of Telperion. He loved silver, and was chosen by the Valar to guide the Moon after the destruction of the Two Trees. Varda's original purpose was to place Sun and Moon in the skies together, but Estë and Irmo spoke against it. With the paths set in place, sleep and rest had been banished from the Earth. Thus Varda changed it: now, Sun and Moon would each travel through the sky as the other lay in Ekkaia.
 See also
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Valaquenta: Of the Valar"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Index"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "The Etymologies", entry EZDE
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Carl F. Hostetter, Patrick H. Wynne (eds.), "Addenda and Corrigenda to the Etymologies", published in Vinyar Tengwar 45 (November 2003), pages 3-38, especially 13
|Lords:||Manwë · Ulmo · Aulë · Oromë · Mandos · Irmo · Tulkas|
|Queens:||Varda · Yavanna · Nienna · Estë · Vairë · Vána · Nessa|
|Manwë:||Eönwë · Olórin||Varda:||Ilmarë · Olórin · Arien|
|Ulmo:||Ossë · Uinen · Salmar||Yavanna:||Aiwendil|
|Aulë:||Mairon · Curumo||Estë:||Melian|
|Oromë:||Tilion · Alatar · Pallando||Vána:|
|Balrogs:||Gothmog · Durin's Bane · Lungorthin|
|Wizards:||Saruman · Gandalf · Radagast · Blue Wizards (Rómestámo · Morinehtar)|
|Music · Valarin · Almaren · Valinor · Valmar · Second Music|