- 7 - Jarion Monroe, who would voice the King of the Dead in EA's The Return of the King, is born.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to J.L.N. O'Loughlin.
- 18 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes to Rosemary
- 25 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 113.
- 5 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 116.
- 20 - John Noble, who would play Denethor in The Lord of the Rings (film series), is born.
- 8 - Artist Michael Hague is born.
- 14 - Around that date Tolkien completes the drafts of the final parts of The Lord of the Rings at the home of his son, Michael.
- ? - Tolkien visits Cambridge to view the Ancrene Wisse manuscript.
- 14 - Narrator Gerard Murphy is born.
- 31 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 117.
- ? - Katherine Farrer sends a letter to Tolkien expressing her opinions about the Ainulindalë.
- ? - Dick Plotz is born.
- ? - Studia Neophilologica Vol. 20, Nos. 1-2, containing an essay by J.R.R. Tolkien and S.R.T.O. d'Ardenne, is published.
1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951