aikasse is a Quenya word meaning "mountain peak".
Helge Fauskanger has suggested that the form aicassë (retaining its meaning, and perhaps also include the meaning of Qenya aikasse, see below) could be valid Neo-Quenya.
- Noldorin oegas ("mountain peak")
- Quenya aikale ("peak")
aikasse is a Qenya word meaning "pinetree".[note 1]
- ↑ The editor's note for aigos in Parma Eldalamberon XI (third impression May 2004) says that aikasse is the "Quenya form". However, all other entries refer to Qenya.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", AYAK
- ↑ Helge Fauskanger, "English-Quenya Wordlist (Quettaparma Quenyanna)" at Ardalambion (accessed 25 June 2011)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "I-Lam na-Ngoldathon: The Grammar and Lexicon of the Gnomish Tongue", in Parma Eldalamberon XI (edited by Christopher Gilson, Arden R. Smith, and Patrick H. Wynne), p. 17