asëa aranion is the Quenya name of Kingsfoil. While the only direct translation by Tolkien of asëa aranion which has been published is "asëa of the Kings", it has been suggested that the whole name could mean "Beneficial (leaf) of Kings".
 Other versions
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Houses of Healing"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 580
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), pp. 49, 100
- ↑ Quettaparma Quenyallo at Ardalambion (accessed 14 May 2011)
- ↑ Plants & Trees (cf. Athelas) at The Thain's Book (accessed 14 May 2011)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Ring, "Part Three: Minas Tirith", "XI. The Houses of Healing", p. 394