Basil Bunting and J.R.R. Tolkien
|Basil Bunting and J.R.R. Tolkien|
|Publisher||London: BBC Cassettes (BBC Study Tapes) (UK)|
Jeffrey Norton Publishers, Suite L600, 96 Broad St., Guilford, CT 06437. Audio-Forum Label (US)
- 1965 BBC Interview (interviewer: Denys Gueroult)
- 1964 BBC Interview, First Part (interviewer: Irene Slade): "Strong female interviewer gives the feeling of bullying and cowing an elfish Tolkien, but still offers insight into the man behind The Lord of the Rings"
- 1964 BBC Interview, Second Part (interviewer: Denys Gueroult)
- American edition
- Title: Basil Bunting and J.R.R. Tolkien
- Series: The Authors Speaks
- ISBN-10: 0884322998
- ISBN-13: 9780884322993
- Dimensions: 9.75"H x 7"W x 0.75"D; 0.5 lbs.
- UK edition
- Title: Interviews with Tolkien and Basil Bunting
On Side 1 is a rare interview, recorded in 1964, with J. R. R. Tolkien and Denis Gueroult about his imaginary world of "Middle Earth" and the languages he created for his characters in The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Inventing languages was one of his childhood pastimes, while in his academic life at Oxford he was Professor of Anglo-Saxon and later of English Language and Literature. Tolkien's personality and his views on man, society and politics come across clearly in this illuminating conversation.
- ↑ "BBC Interview - Tolkien with Denis Gueroult" dated 30 November 2010, tolkiencollector.com (archived) (accessed 25 April 2014)
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: II. Reader's Guide, p. 824
- ↑ Karen Chung, "Audio books (on tape and CD) available in the NTU Audio-Visual Library with occasional notes" (accessed 13 September 2010)
- ↑ Perry C. Bramlett (2002), I Am in Fact a Hobbit: Appendix 6, p. 236
- ↑ Amazon.com (accessed 13 September 2010)