Fourth Age 63
|Ages of the Children of Ilúvatar|
Fourth Age 63 (abbreviated to Fo.A. 63 or F.O. 63) is the 63rd year of the Sun of the Fourth Age of Middle-earth. Unless otherwise stated, Tolkien Gateway follows Shire usage in Appendix B for reckoning Fourth Age years: Fourth Age 63 was also known as S.R. 1484 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took depart the Shire and travel into the south.
- Faramir Took I succeeds his father Peregrin Took as Thain of the Shire.
- Death of King Éomer.[note 1]
- Elfwine, son of Éomer, becomes the nineteenth King of Rohan.[note 1]
- Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took then travel on to Gondor. Peregrin brings a copy of the Thain's Book with him.[note 1]