|Position||Lord of Dale|
|Death||T.A. 2770 |
Girion was a Man of Dale and became lord of the city. Not much can be said about his life and rule, other than he had a wife, and at least one son.
He witnessed the arrival of Smaug when the dragon assaulted Dale and the neighboring dwarf realm of Erebor. Girion was killed during that event but his wife and child escaped down the River Running.
 Portrayal in adaptations
2012-14: The Hobbit (film series):
- Briefly seen in flashback to the Sack of Erebor in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Girion is portrayed by Luke Evans, who also played Girion's decendant Bard.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Inside Information"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Fire and Water"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", p. 358
- ↑ "Luke Evans played Bard’s ancestor, Girion of Dale", theonering.net, 9 December 2013 (accessed 29 January 2014)