|"Atop Cerin Amroth" by Anke Eißmann|
|Siblings||Rúmil and Orophin|
|Gallery||Images of Haldir|
- "But there are some of us still who go abroad for the gathering of news and the watching of our enemies, and they speak the languages of other lands. I am one. Haldir is my name."
- ― Haldir
Haldir was one of the Galadhrim; unlike his brothers, Rúmil and Orophin, Haldir had traveled outside Lórien and knew Westron. He and his companions are described as wearing grey hooded cloaks and living on flets in the trees.
Haldir was accompanied by his brothers between 15 and 16 February, T.A. 3019 when they encountered the Fellowship of the Ring who arrived in Lórien. His brothers interacted little with the Fellowship because they spoke little of the Common Speech.
 Portrayal in adaptations
- Haldir was omitted. Aragorn and Boromir briefly discuss the possibility of entering Lothlórien, and in the next shot, they are welcomed by Galadriel.
- Haydn Wood provided the voice of Haldir.
- Haldir was played by Craig Parker.
- Haldir leads a regiment of Elven archers from Lórien to the Battle of Helm's Deep, where he is eventually slain, along with most of his archers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Lothlórien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Farewell to Lórien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lost Road and Other Writings, "The Etymologies", entry SKAL