(Redirected from Ironfist)
It is possible that the Ironfists sent troops to fight in the War of the Dwarves and Orcs during the Third Age. For it is said that Durin's Folk called for aid from houses of other fathers of the Dwarves.
 Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- The unnamed Dwarven tribes were given invented names in an early supplement. While these were published before the publication of Tolkien's late note on the name of the Dwarven houses of the East, it has been suggested that the Ironfists could correspond to Thelór's tribe (as portrayed in MERP).
- The House corresponding to the Ironfists is called Sindri's Folk, said to inhabit a mountain chain of central Middle-earth.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "Of Dwarves and Men", pp. 301, 322 (note 24)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ R. Mark Colburn, Peter C. Fenlon, John D. Ruemmler, Terry K. Amthor, Jessica M. Ney (1989), Lords of Middle-earth Vol III: Hobbits, Dwarves, Ents, Orcs & Trolls (#8004)
- ↑ Thomas Morwinsky, "A Brief History of the Dwarven Mansions", in Other Minds issue 4 (July 2008)
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Chris Seeman (2003), Moria