Janet Brennan Croft
Janet Brennan Croft (b.1961) is an American author, editor, and Head of Access Services at the University of Oklahoma libraries. She is the editor of Mythlore: A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature.
 Bibliography, selected
- 2004: War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2005: Tolkien on Film: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings (editor)
- 2007: Tolkien and Shakespeare: Essays on Shared Themes and Language (editor)
- 2014: Tolkien in the New Century: Essays in Honor of Tom Shippey (co-editor)
- 2015: Perilous and Fair: Women in J.R.R. Tolkien's Work and Life (co-editor)
- 2002: Mythlore, Volume 23 #4
- "The Great War and Tolkien's Memory: an examination of World War I themes in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 4-21)
- 2003: Mallorn 41 (July 2003)
- "'Reading Lord of the Rings: The Final Attempt': an analysis of a web community" (pp. 26-33)
- 2003: Proceedings of the Southwest/Texas Popular and American Culture Associations (SW/TEX PCA/ACA) Years 2000-2003
- "'The utter stupid waste of war': J.R.R. Tolkien on World War II"
- "The Mines of Moria: 'Anticipation' and 'Flattening' in Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of the Ring"
- 2004: World Literature Today, January-April 2004
- "Beyond The Hobbit: J.R.R. Tolkien's Other Works for Children" (pp. 67-70)
- 2004: Mallorn 42 (August 2004)
- "The Morality of Military Leadership in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 47-50)
- 2004: Mythlore 92 (Summer/Fall 2004)
- "'The Young Perish and the Old Linger, Withering': World War II in the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien" (pp. 58-71)
- 2004: SEVEN: An Anglo-American Literary Review, Volume 21
- "Bid the tree unfix his earth-bound root": Themes from Macbeth in The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 47-60)
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "Farmer Giles of Ham", "Gríma (Wormtongue)", "Haigh, Walter E. (1856-1931)", "Merry", "Pippin", "Rankin/Bass Productions, Inc.", "Shakespeare"
- 2007: Fantasy Fiction Into Film (Ed. Leslie Stratyner and James R. Keller)
- "Three Rings for Hollywood: Scripts for The Lord of the Rings by Zimmerman, Boorman, and Beagle." (pp. 7-20)
- 2007: Silver Leaves, Issue 1
- "How I Learned More About Hobbits"
- 2007: Tolkien and Shakespeare: Essays on Shared Themes and Language
- "'Bid the Tree Unfix his Earth-bound Root': Themes from Macbeth in The Lord of the Rings"
- 2007: Tolkien Studies: Volume 4
- "Notes and Documents: Walter E. Haigh, Author of A New Glossary of the Huddersfield Dialect" (pp. 184-188)
- 2009: Mythlore 107/108, Volume 28, Issue 1/2
- "Naming the Evil One: Onomastic Strategies in Tolkien and Rowling" (pp. 149-164)
- 2011: Mythlore 113/114, Volume 29, Issue 3/4
- "Túrin and Aragorn: Embracing and Evading Fate"
- 2011: Tolkien Studies: Volume 8
- "The Hen that Laid the Eggs: Tolkien and the Officers Training Corps"
- 2011: Picturing Tolkien: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy
- "Jackson's Aragorn and the American Superhero Monomyth"
- 2012: Mallorn 53
- "On the origin of ideas" (review of Tolkien and the Study of His Sources)
- 2014: Mythlore 124
- "Tolkien’s Faërian Drama: Origins and Valedictions"
- 2016: Journal of Tolkien Research (vol. 3, issue 1)
- 2016: The Return Of The Ring: Proceedings of the Tolkien Society Conference 2012
- "Tolkien's Faërian Drama: Origins and Valedictions"
- Home page
- An Interview with Janet Brennan Croft by Michael Martinez
- Person of Interest: Janet Brennan Croft, Tolkien scholar
- "British Fantasy literature & World War I"] at OK State Library.