Janet Brennan Croft
(Redirected from Janet Croft)
Janet Brennan Croft is an American author, editor, and Head of Access Services at the University of Oklahoma libraries. She is the editor of Mythlore: A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature.
 Bibliography, selected
- 2004: War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2005: Tolkien on Film: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings (editor)
- 2007: Tolkien and Shakespeare: Essays on Shared Themes and Language (editor)
- 2002: Mythlore, Volume 23 #4
- "The Great War and Tolkien's Memory: an examination of World War I themes in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 4-21)
- 2003: Mallorn 41 (July 2003)
- "'Reading Lord of the Rings: The Final Attempt': an analysis of a web community" (pp. 26-33)
- 2003: Proceedings of the Southwest/Texas Popular and American Culture Associations (SW/TEX PCA/ACA) Years 2000-2003
- "'The utter stupid waste of war': J.R.R. Tolkien on World War II"
- "The Mines of Moria: 'Anticipation' and 'Flattening' in Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of the Ring"
- 2004: World Literature Today, January-April 2004
- "Beyond The Hobbit: J.R.R. Tolkien's Other Works for Children" (pp. 67-70)
- 2004: Mallorn 42 (August 2004)
- "The Morality of Military Leadership in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 47-50)
- 2004: Mythlore 92 (Summer/Fall 2004)
- "'The Young Perish and the Old Linger, Withering': World War II in the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien" (pp. 58-71)
- 2004: SEVEN: An Anglo-American Literary Review, Volume 21
- "Bid the tree unfix his earth-bound root": Themes from Macbeth in The Lord of the Rings" (pp. 47-60)
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "Farmer Giles of Ham", "Gríma (Wormtongue)", "Haigh, Walter E. (1856-1931)", "Merry", "Pippin", "Rankin/Bass Productions, Inc.", "Shakespeare"
- 2007: Fantasy Fiction Into Film (Ed. Leslie Stratyner and James R. Keller)
- "Three Rings for Hollywood: Scripts for The Lord of the Rings by Zimmerman, Boorman, and Beagle." (pp. 7-20)
- 2007: Silver Leaves, Issue 1
- "How I Learned More About Hobbits"
- 2007: Tolkien and Shakespeare: Essays on Shared Themes and Language
- "'Bid the Tree Unfix his Earth-bound Root': Themes from Macbeth in The Lord of the Rings"
- 2007: Tolkien Studies: Volume 4
- "Notes and Documents: Walter E. Haigh, Author of A New Glossary of the Huddersfield Dialect" (pp. 184-188)
- 2009: Mythlore 107/108, Volume 28, Issue 1/2
- "Naming the Evil One: Onomastic Strategies in Tolkien and Rowling" (pp. 149-164)
- 2011: Mythlore 113/114, Volume 29, Issue 3/4
- "Túrin and Aragorn: Embracing and Evading Fate"
- 2011: Tolkien Studies: Volume 8
- "The Hen that Laid the Eggs: Tolkien and the Officers Training Corps"
- 2011: Picturing Tolkien: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy
- "Jackson's Aragorn and the American Superhero Monomyth"
- 2012: Mallorn 53
- "On the origin of ideas" (review of Tolkien and the Study of His Sources)