Mallorn 27 is the twenty-seventh issue of the The Tolkien Society's annual journal Mallorn, published in September 1990.
- Cover Illustration
- Guidelines for contributors
- "Uprooting the Golden Bough"
- On Reading and Re-reading The Lord of the Rings
- Poem: "Snow"
- The Religious Rituals of the Dúnedain of Gondor
- "Melandir and Ithilwen: A Geste of True Love"
- The Structure of The Hobbit
- Green Rocks: White Ship Oilima Markirya (The Last Ark)
- The Year's Review in Tolkienian Studies: "The Treason of Isengard"
- The Year's Review in Tolkienian Studies: "Fantasy Literature for Children and Young Adults: An Annotated Biography?"
- Reprint from Amon Hen 38, April 1979: A Note on the Geography of the First Age
- Mallorn Mail: Letters to the Editor
- Poem: "A Guiding Light!"
- Where to write
- The Tolkien Society
Previous Issue || Next Issue
- Inside Art
- By: Steve Lines, Valerie Sutton calligraphic, Mervyn Finlay, Vincent Price, Alan Bates, Lee Holloway