Maps of Middle-earth: Cities and Strongholds
|Maps of Middle-earth: Cities and Strongholds|
- Cartography: Daniel Reeve
 Cover/Jacket Text
From the impregnable walls of the Hornburg to the banners high atop the Tower of Ecthelion from the breeding pits beneath Isengard to the great lighthouse in the harbor at Umbar, Middle-earth is a world full of remarkable structures, ancient monuments, vast cities, and imposing fortresses. Maps of Middle-earth, Volume 2: Cities and Strongholds brings J.R.R. Tolkien's world to life for the casual fan and collector alike. Drawn by renowned illustrator Daniel Reeve - the artist responsible for the cartography in the New Line Cinema films - these six collector's maps depict the fortresses and cities of western Middle-earth in vibrant and painstaking detail.
Maps of Middle-earth: Cities and Strongholds includes:
- Siz archival quality collector's maps depicting several of the most legendary strongholds and cities of Middle-earth:
- Helm's Deep, mountain fastness of the Rohirrim
- Minas Tirith, legacy of the White Tree
- Umbar, haven of the Corsairs
- Edoras, seat of the Kings of Rohan
- Rivendell, home of Elrond and the Last Homely House
- Isengard, fortress of the White Hand
- A 32 page guide to the structures, places, cultures, and people associated with each of the maps presented in this set.