Minas Tirith (1988 book)
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
- Stock number: 8301
 Cover/Jacket Text
Minas Tirith, the Guarded City, rises from the base of Mount Mindolluin. Capital of Gondor, it is the preeminent symbol of the struggle against Sauron of Mordor. No other city in western Middle-earth offers greater hope for the defense of the Free Peoples.
Minas Tirith commands the wide gap between the White Mountains and the Mountains of Shadow that encircle the Dark Lord's homeland. Its seven walls and seven levels seem to grow out of the stone, as if carved by Giants. Each tier of the Royal City wraps around the rock and looms above the surrounding quarter, its ramparts glimmering white with each sunrise.
High atop the capital, on the uppermost level, the Tower of Ecthelion reaches skyward like a pearl-and-crystal spire. Amidst the storm spawned by the Lord of the Rings, this citadel is the last hold in Minas Tirith, an unparalleled bastion in an ominous time.
MINAS TIRITH features:
- A double sided 16" x 20" full-color mapsheet
- 40 pages of floorplans and layouts
- Detailed descriptions of key locations in the city
- Complete overviews of Minas Tirith's seven levels, the Pelennor, and the port of Harlond
- Descriptions of Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, and other famous figures