Mythopoeic Literature Society
The Mythopoeic Literature Society of Australia, was a Tolkien society and mythical literature society in Australia. This society was presumably an Australian counterpart of the US based Mythopoeic Society.
As of 2011 only scattered references to this society can be found. It is therefore assumed that this society is now defunct. This society appears to have been active from the mid 1980s through the early 1990s.
This society published:
- 1986: The Nameless Wood: Victorian Fantasists, their Achievement, their Influence: Proceedings of the Second Annual Conference of the Inner Ring, the Mythopoeic Literature Society of Australia, [July] 1986, University of New England, Armidale, N.S.W.
- 1992: Imaginings: the Eighth Annual Conference of the Inner Ring: The Mythopoeic Literature Society of Australia, the University of Queensland, July 5-9, 1992
- 1994: The Journal of Myth, Fantasy & Romanticism
- ↑ http://arts.monash.edu.au/ecps/assets/docs/cv-peter-groves.pdf (accessed 05-12-2011)
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books/about/The_nameless_wood.html?id=kI-4OQAACAAJ (accessed 05-12-2011)
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=_aDMNQAACAAJ&dq=inauthor:%22Inner+Ring:+The+Mythopoeic+Literature+Society+of+Australia%22&hl=en&ei=1BbdTuycO8Tg0QGO_sTFDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAQ (accessed 05-12-2011)
- ↑ http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=Activities1993Australia (accessed 05-12-2011)