Paul Bibire is an author and former lecturer at the University of St Andrews in Scotland and Cambridge University. His area is Anglo-Saxon and Old Norse and he has written many articles on these and related subjects. Bibire is also a keen enthusiast of J.R.R. Tolkien whom he credits as the motivation for his academic career.
 Bibliography, selected
- 1993: Scholarship and Fantasy: Proceedings of the Tolkien Phenomenon, Turku, May 1992
- "Sægde seþe cuþe: J.R.R. Tolkien as an Anglo-Saxonist"
- "By Stock or by Stone: Recurrent Imagery and Narrative Pattern in The Hobbit"
- 1988: Tolkien and Romanticism
- "Servant of the Secret Fire"
- 2001: Vinyar Tengwar 42
- (contribution, with Christopher Tolkien)
- 2003: British Writers: Classics, Volume II
- "J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings"
 See also
- Paul Bibire 30 June 1969 (letter)