|"The Teeth of Scatha" by Matt Stewart|
|Hoard||Dwarf-treasure, including Merry's horn|
|Death||c. T.A. 2000 |
|Gallery||Images of Scatha|
His recovered hoard was the subject of great dispute between the Men of the Éothéod and the Dwarves of that region, who claimed the hoard as their own. Fram rebuked their claim, and sent them the teeth of the dragon, with the words, "Jewels such as these you will not match in your treasuries, for they are hard to come by." It was rumored that for this insult the Dwarves killed him. 
It seems like Fram's people retained at least some of the hoard, and Eorl brought it south when they settled in Rohan. The Horn of the Mark that Éowyn gave to Merry Brandybuck after the War of the Ring many hundred of years later was said to come from Scatha's hoard.
 See also
- ↑ Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, entry "Scatha"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Many Partings"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Wayne G. Hammond, Christina Scull (eds.), Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings, published in Wayne G. Hammond, Christina Scull, The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, page 762
- ↑ scathe (v.) at EtymOnline
|Glaurung · Ancalagon · Scatha · Smaug|