Talk:Chamber of Mazarbul
This page needs comments from Grant Major and an explanation of why English was used in place of Common Speech (this can be justified using Tolkien's own methodology). Get comments from Tolkien to explain the use of English and the "peculiarities" found in the text, as Tolkien himself introduced similar ones into his own sample pages of the Book of Mazarbul.
- Hello there, thanks for your comments. I will see if I can devote some time to this article today to address your points. --Hyarion 15:46, 3 April 2006 (EDT)
- Hello. I just stumbled across this article and, as I have done some research on this very issue just recently, will try to fix up some of the stuff on here and add some of the things the user above suggested. --Old Took 17:01, 3 April 2006 (EDT)
Please fix footnotes on this page!
Coming soon...more info/quotes from book, quotes from filmmakers, quotes from Grant Major, Balin's Tomb inscription info, perhaps a map...
Proposed outline for this article:
1.1 History 1.2 Geography 1.3 Appearance
1.1 Portrayal 1.2 Mazarbul Wall Runes 1.3 Behind the Scenes
I think perhaps the game set image would work better at the end. I'm trying to find a good map for the book section and perhaps another still for the movie section to make this article a little less word heavy. -Old Took
- Sounds good, I figured since its uploaded, might as well use it somewhere. If we find better images we can always just replace them with it. One thing I think though, on the articles we should try and show an array of different images, not all from PJ's films, or all from the same artist, etc. This way everyone is happy and we stay neutral. --Hyarion 21:52, 4 April 2006 (EDT)
- I was thinking the same. Perhaps some other artists' images would fit well beside part of the book section.
Add conceptual drawing under Behind the Scenes section to complete article. -Old Took
To me, it's rather clear that the part of the article deleted by CharlesMartel about the runes and the use of Khuzdul is part of the movie adaption made by PJ. So, I restored the article to the earlier version. If it's not clear to others, I think it should rather be revised to be clearer than completely deleted. ~ Earendilyon 06:19, 29 March 2008 (EDT)
- I agree. The article is now divided in "The Books" and "The Movies"; maybe this last one should be called "Portrayal in adaptations", and someone should include Bakshi's portrayal (not much, I'll give you that), as PJ's aren't "THE" movies. -- Ederchil 08:32, 29 March 2008 (EDT)
- I agree as well. As long as the reader can easily identify canon from material created for the films, I think it is important to still include Jackson/Bakshi/Rankin/Bass information, as if anything it helps the reader to learn what doesn't come from the legendarium, excluding this information doesn't necessarily help with this. --Hyarion 12:23, 29 March 2008 (EDT)