Talk:War of the Ring
I want to have a category that includes all participators or experiencers of the War of the Ring. The problem is: what should that category be called. All the titles I can think of are far to long or incorrect. For instance, "War of the Ring Warriors" would not work, for besides its funny sound, Galadriel would have to be eliminated because she did not actually do any fighting. Any ideas? --Narfil Palùrfalas 21:17, 19 June 2006 (EDT)
- I will admit I tend to create rather long but precise names, maybe something like War of the Ring participants? This might be something we could use a standard for all wars or battles. Combatants is another one that comes to mind. Althoguh participants could even be used for non-war events such as The Council of Elrond participants. --Hyarion 21:50, 19 June 2006 (EDT)
- Looks like we have some distance to go here to finish this great work. I'm somewhat tied up with previous War-- but this is definitely a group undertaking. This is the central conflict of the Tolkien universe, and it should be done extensively and well. It might make sense to assigned different sections to some willing participants. It should be a featured article-- do we have that on this Wiki? --Theoden1 09:30, 9 May 2008 (EDT)
- Featured article - yes, it's been Children of Húrin for over a year now. It hasn't changed since, we must still watch April 17, 2007! Join the chat, votes go quicker there. -- Ederchil 09:59, 9 May 2008 (EDT)
- Someone notify the Valar-- I have begun editing this mighty work. Starting with infobox mods, and proceeding to the narrative. The goal is to bring this article up to even an FA standard. Who will join me? Glory to Erù! --Theoden1 07:14, 24 June 2008 (EDT)
- I think I've done (at last) much of the work Theoden intended. Sage 22:26, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
Video game quote
Why do we start this article with a quote by Gandalf from a video game? Does the quote also appear in a canonical source? --Morgan 13:21, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- How about this instead?
- "So we come to it in the end, [...] the great battle of our time, in which many things shall pass away."
- ― Théoden, The Lord of the Rings, The Muster of Rohan.
- Just a thought. I agree we should use a canonical source. -- 13:55, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, your suggestion is much better. If no one disagrees I reckon we could change it. --Morgan 15:39, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, we should use book quotes instead of quotes from adaptions, with the exception if the articles are about something from adaptations. --Amroth 20:13, 24 February 2011 (UTC)