|Ted Sandyman from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring|
|Location||Old Mill, Hobbiton|
|Birth||late Third Age |
|Gallery||Images of Ted Sandyman|
Ted Sandyman was the miller of Hobbiton.
- "There were two millers [at Sarehole Mill], father and son. The old man had a black beard, but it was the son who frightened the boys with his white dusty clothes and sharp-eyed face. Ronald named him 'the White Ogre'. When he yelled at them to clear off they would scamper away from the yard..."
- ― J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography
- "I never liked the looks of the Young miller, but his father, the Old miller, had a black beard, and he was not named Sandyman."
- ― J.R.R. Tolkien
 Portrayal in adaptations
- Ted Sandyman is voiced by Gordon Reid. He is present in the Ivy Bush before Bilbo's Birthday Party and in the final episode when he sneers at Sam's return just before the scouring of the Shire.
- Sandyman is standing in front of his mill, looking for an iron pin (that Sancho Proudfoot later admits to have stolen). Retrieving the pin, which is stuck in the Old Grange's weather vane. He is ill-tempered, but expresses gratitude to Frodo after he is assisted, before moaning the fact that he sent Mugwort to Bree to fetch a new pin.