The Invented Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien
|The Invented Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien: Drawings and Original Manuscripts from the Marquette University Collection|
|Publisher||Haggerty Museum of Art Catalogues and Gallery Guides/Marquette University|
The Invented Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien: Drawings and Original Manuscripts from the Marquette University Collection was first published in 2004 by Marquette University as the catalogue from the exhibition of the same name held at the Haggerty Museum of Art (October 21, 2004 - January 30, 2005).
- "Ways of WorldMaking: J.R.R. Tolkien" (Curtis L. Carter, p.7)
- "'A Masterpiece of the Future': A Brief History of Marquette's J.R.R. Tolkien Collection" (Matt Blessing, p.17)
- "The AB Language Lives" (Arne Zettersten, p.25)
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biography (p.34)
- Select Tolkien Bibliography (p.37)
- "Works in the Exhibition" (Annemarie Sawkins, p.42)
- Illustration - The first draft version of the first page of The Book of Mazarbul.
- Manuscript page - includes the first draft version of Thror’s Map.
- Illustration - Isengard & Orthanc.
- Manuscript page - includes the earliest sketch of the inscription and signs on the Doors of Durin.
- Manuscript page - The Ring Verse in Tolkien’s characteristic handwriting, and also in tengwar.
- Illustration - A page from Mr. Bliss - So he turned sharp to the right at the next turning, and ran straight into Mr.Day.
- Manuscript page - includes a plan of Minas Tirith, and a topographical plan of the city and the surrounding mountains.
- Illustration - A code letter from Tolkien to Father Francis Morgan.
- Illustration - Cave paintings from The Father Christmas Letters.
- Manuscript page - A synoptic time scheme used while writing LotR. It summarizes the movements of characters between the 13th and 17th of March.
 External links