Tolkien Gateway:Requests for adminship
- See also: Tolkien Gateway: Administrators
Requests for adminship (RFA) is the process by which the Tolkien Gateway decides which editors will become administrators. Administrators are users who are trusted to use their own judgement to exercise certain technical abilities for the benefit of Tolkien Gateway.
Below are listed the specific requirements for a valid nomination. To view past requests, see the RFA archive.
In order for a nomination to be valid, an editor must meet the following criteria:
- They have an account under a screen-name.
- They have actively contributed for at least six months to the wiki.
- They have demonstrated they are willing to take on additional responsibilities to make the community better.
- They have had at least some major article revisions.
- They have dealings with other users on a regular basis in a fair, restrained, and constructive manner.
- They have demonstrated an understanding of the community's policies and procedures.
Voting lasts for two weeks. To be successful, voting must be unanimously in favour.
Administrators need to have the trust and confidence of the community so administrators are usually those editors with considerable experience (currently, the five administrators are the five top editors). Potential administrators also need to be very well-acquainted with Tolkien Gateway's policies, style guide, and procedures.
- No current nominations
- Tolkien Gateway:Requests for adminship/Archive, for past requests