|Inhabitants||Eagles, Great Eagle|
|Description||A wide shelf of rock on a mountainside reachable only by flying|
- "The Lord of the Eagles bids you to bring your prisoners to the Great Shelf"
- ― An Eagle
The Eagle's Eyrie was a home of the Eagles located on the eastern side of the Misty Mountains. Its exact location is unknown, however it is presumably close to the High Pass and Goblin-town. It was from this location that the Eagles helped the Elves of Rivendell keep watch over the the lands east of the Misty Mountains, gathering information about the Orcs in the region.
In T.A. 2941 the eagles of the eyrie rescued Thorin and Company from the tops of the trees at the Warg's clearing and took them to the Eagle's Eyrie. Here they met the Great Eagle, ate their first food since escaping the Goblins, and spent the night. The next morning the eagles took the company from the Eyrie to the Carrock.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Out of the Frying-Pan into the Fire"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Ring Goes South"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Queer Lodgings"
|Route of Thorin and Company|
|Bag End · The Shire · Lone-lands · Last Bridge · Trollshaws · Troll's Cave · Rivendell · High Pass · Front Porch · Goblin-town · Goblin-gate · Eagle's Eyrie · Carrock · Beorn's Hall · Wilderland · Forest Gate · Elf-path · Mirkwood · Elvenking's Halls · Forest River · Lake-town · Long Lake · River Running · Desolation of the Dragon · Ravenhill · Back Door · Lonely Mountain|