Thorin and Company
|Thorin and Company|
|Date founded||T.A. 2941|
|Famous members||Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Fíli, Kíli, Dori, Nori, Ori, Óin, Glóin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur and Bilbo Baggins|
|Achievements||Death of Smaug the Dragon, Reestablishment of the Kingdom under the Mountain, Reclamation of Erebor, Recovery of the Arkenstone|
Thorin and Company refers to the thirteen exiled Dwarves under the leadership of Thorin Oakenshield and the one hobbit Bilbo Baggins, who famously traveled through Wilderland to the Lonely Mountain, to recover their ancient treasure from the Kingdom of Erebor, stolen by the dragon Smaug.
Thorin's company were:
- Balin and Dwalin, descendants of Náin II
- Óin and Glóin, cousins of Balin and Dwalin
- Fíli and Kíli, nephews of Thorin
- Dori, Nori, Ori, Dwarves of the House of Durin
- Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, descendants of Dwarves of Moria
- And Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit of the Shire
They were joined by Gandalf for part of the journey.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "An Unexpected Party"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Roast Mutton"
|Members of Thorin and Company|
|Thorin · Balin · Dwalin · Fíli · Kíli · Dori · Nori · Ori · Óin · Glóin · Bifur · Bofur · Bombur · Gandalf · Bilbo Baggins|