|Narya as conceived by The Noble Collection|
|Other names||The Red Ring, The Ring of Fire, The Third Ring|
|Owner||Celebrimbor, Círdan, Gandalf|
|Appearance||Set with a ruby|
Eregion, c. S.A. 1590
|Gallery||Images of Narya|
Created by Celebrimbor after Annatar had left Eregion, it was free of Annatar's (Sauron's) influence due to the fact that the Elves hid their three rings from him upon discerning his intent, but it was still bound to the One Ring. According to Unfinished Tales, at the start of the War of the Elves and Sauron Celebrimbor gave Narya together with the Ring Vilya to Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor. Gil-galad entrusted Narya to his lieutenant Círdan, Lord of the Havens of Mithlond, who kept it after Gil-galad's death. In The Lord of the Rings, Gil-galad receives only Vilya, while Círdan receives Narya from the very beginning. In the Third Age Círdan gave the ring to Gandalf for his labours. It is described as having the power to inspire others to resist tyranny, as well as (in common with the other Three Rings) hiding the wielder from remote observation (except by the wielder of the One) and giving resistance to the weariness of time:
- "Take this ring, master," he said, "for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness that you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill."
- ― Círdan the Shipwright
- “Lord of the Rings” as Narya, the Ring of Fire by Jonathan McIntosh
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Second Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The History of Galadriel and Celeborn", "Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", entry "NAR1"
|Rings of Power|
|The One Ring|
|(Narya · Nenya · Vilya)|
|(Ring of Thrór)|