Welcome to Ederchil's talk page.
I don't know if you or Morgan already contacted Hyarion, but I've just emailed him about today's spam influx.--17:23, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- I completely forgot to do that. I was too busy having flashbacks to a couple of years back. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 17:32, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for all your effort to undo the mess guys, and thanks for the e-mail KA. For the time being I've just shut off new account creation until we implement a stricter process. Although I'm having a hard time thinking of something stricter, manual approval wouldn't even work since it would be sometimes difficult to differentiate solely based on the username. --Hyarion 17:44, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- You may be aware that I am pretty much computer-less at the moment (temporarily boring a PC right now). The way to fix this, Hyarion, is to change the CAPTCHA questions in LocalSettings.php. That will stop them until they figure out an answer. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 10:54, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
 List of Book that inspired Tolkien
It is difficult to put link sources when I just created the page and was begining to edit including informations, and you delete the page... Be more pacient. Otherwise it will be hard to help this wiki. —Unsigned comment by Sigurd (talk • contribs).
- Couple of things:
- Add new messages at the bottom of the talk page. They go in chronological order from old to new.
- The entire concept is vague. "Books that inspired Tolkien"? Inspired him on what? To write a book? To become a philologist? To write an alternate mythology for England? To write a specific element?
- As I said, sources. The only source you list is a summary of his personal library, without explaining how this book being in his library inspired him. Unless you have a specific sources that explicitly says Book X inspired him to do action Y, it's just speculation.
- No content other than a list. The introduction is essentially "Books that have inspired Tolkien are books that have inspired Tolkien".
- Basic layout and spelling. That's something that you should do before saving the page.
- As this is a vague and slippery slope (just as our existing train wreck Inspirations is), it adds nothing at the moment. Without addressing all these points (apart from the first, naturally), I see no point in having it. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 13:38, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Couple of things:
- Whatever. If you see the message works.
- To put links, sources and more informations need time to included.
- I was working in that page and adding all informations. But is Impossible to do this when someone came and deleted the page... minutes after I began to write.
- So I think you have to whait some time before going to deleted a page. That is not the first time that you dont have paciense.—Unsigned comment by Sigurd (talk • contribs).
- While you're putting the page together you can use a sandbox in your user area.-- 16:37, 1 March 2014 (UTC)