- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work! — Hyarion
And thanks for the input on the Tolkien Google logo petition[former link]!
 M-e DEM
Just checked out the site you added to Tolkien Google logo petition[former link], very cool. I'll make sure to keep an eye on it for the future. We should probably get an article going here about all the DEM projects going. Keep up the great work. --Hyarion 14:18, 7 May 2006 (EDT)
- Hi Hyarion, I just logged into this site after 5 years...wow, I registered but never got around to visiting. I must have Entish blood or something. Heh. The Middle Earth DEM Project has moved on slowly. I took maybe 18 months out from it after a hard disk crash put the project back a bit, but now we've moved along quite a bit more. I don't remember anything about the Google logo thing.
- We're currently alpha testing a planetary renderer called OuTerra and we'll be getting our project data into that over the next months. We're added another site as well here: http://www.me-dem.me.uk/
- The reason why I registered here in the first place was because I was doing some research at the time into writing a book or a series of papers. Guess I've come full circle on that, but my notes are still pretty much in the same state as they were back then. -- monks
- Hi Monks, glad to see you again. I was just talking to someone the other day about the DEM project. Glad to see it is still being developed. The DEM and Tolkien Gateway projects are rather similar in they will never be finished and they're rather ambitious, but we both seem to be progressing :) --Hyarion 22:50, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Thanks Hyarion, I'm beginning to put flesh on the bones as it were with the terrain model. I'll have some pics later on today.
heh, I think I did log in actually, but I never knew about the talk page. Didn't get any notification of your post anyway.I'd be interested if folks on here have views regarding for example, the meanings of certain things such as: the 7 stars in the Minas Tirith flag, the meaning of "do the atlantis story". Also, the influence of Aristotle on Tolkien, or at least whether he read him or not, or what he read of him. I did contact Michael Drout via email and he offered to edit and publish on here I think- it was a long time ago now. It's my contention that Tolkien was quite strongly influenced by Egypt, but not perhaps in the way that it is evident in the imagery or world setting.