During the War of the Ring, Saruman employed "Orcs into his service, and Wolf-riders, and evil Men"[note 1] to harass Rohan. Before the Battle of the Hornburg, scouts reported that Wolf-riders were roaming the valley about Helm's Deep.
 Portrayal in adaptations
|Wolf-riders in adaptations|
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- The card Wolf-riders can be played either as a creature or as a short-event, the latter increasing the prowess and strikes of a Wolf attack.
- A Warg-riding Orc scout is encountered by the Rohan refugees on their way to Helm's Deep. During the skirmish with warg riders, Aragorn falls from a cliff, and is later found by Brego.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of Beren and Lúthien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "The Clouds Burst"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "The Riders of Rohan"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "Helm's Deep"
- ↑ "Search for a card: games > Middle Earth", tradecardsonline.com (accessed 19 November 2014)