|"Aiglos" by Audrey Corman|
Aeglos was the name for the spear of High King of the Noldor Gil-galad which was greatly feared by the enemy. It was carried by the King to the War of the Last Alliance, but it was broken when Gil-galad fell in combat against Sauron himself, on the slopes of Mount Doom S.A. 3431.
 Etymology and names
 Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- Aiglos is a Holy weapon with magical abilities.
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- Aiglos, only playable by Warriors, gives a direct influence against Elves.
2018: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- Gil-galad wields the spear during the Battle of Dagorlad. After Sauron's fall, Aeglos is discovered perched atop a pillar-like pinnacle in the Plateau of Gorgoroth, where it continues to emit a bright light. It is left as a beacon of hope to those who traverse the scorched plains of Mordor.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Council of Elrond"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Index of Names"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings Index
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Rivers and Beacon-hills of Gondor" (edited by Carl F. Hostetter), in Vinyar Tengwar, Number 42, July 2001, p. 11
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 231
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur (1994), Treasures of Middle-earth (2nd edition) (#2010)
- ↑ Gary Russell, The Art of The Fellowship of the Ring
|Weapons of Middle-earth|
|Aeglos · Andúril · Anglachel · Angrist · Anguirel · Aranrúth · Belthronding · Black Arrow · Bow of Bregor · Daggers of Westernesse · Dagmor · Dailir · Dramborleg · Durin's Axe · Glamdring · Grond · Gúthwinë · Gurthang · Herugrim · Morgul-knife · Narsil · Orcrist · Red Arrow · Ringil · Sting|