|Titles||King of Gondor|
|Birth||T.A. 310 |
|Rule||T.A. 492 - 541 (49 years)|
|Death||T.A. 541 (aged 231)|
|House||House of Anárion|
In T.A. 490 the first invasion of Easterlings fell upon Gondor. Due to his father's age, Tarostar led the forces that would drive the invaders out. After his victory in T.A. 500 (eight years after he had succeeded his father) Tarostar assumed the name Rómendacil, "East-victor".
After the first assault of the Easterlings, Rómendacil ordered that the "Tradition of Isildur" be set down in a sealed scroll, to be delivered by the Steward of Gondor to the King's heir before his crowning.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Heirs of Elendil"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Southern Line: Heirs of Anarion"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan"
House of Anárion
|8th King of Gondor
T.A. 492 - 541