|Race||Half Elf, half Fay|
Vairë tells to Eriol about Tinfang Warble, a spirit who is half fay of Palúrien and half Elf (Gnome or Solosimpi). He was a flautist whose fluting had an enchantment, and the stars twinkled according to his notes. Not even the Solosimpi could rival his fluting.
 Other versions of the Legendarium
- "Tinfang Gelion who still the moon
enchants on summer nights of June
and kindles the pale firstling star..."
- ― Lay of Leithian Canto III
Gelion can also be found in several other compounds.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Book of Lost Tales Part One, "The Chaining of Melko", p. 94 ff
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lays of Beleriand, "III. The Lay of Leithian: Canto III (Beren's meeting with Lúthien)", p. 174
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Beren and Lúthien, "List of Names [in the original text]"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", entry SPANAG