Tolkien Gateway:Meetings/5 December 2010
|Tolkien Gateway Meetings|
|Sunday 5 December 2010, 7pm UTC, #Wiki IRC Channel|
|Update on technical issues (including database lock)||Hyarion|
|Allowing admins to update Main Page||Mith|
|What is to be done about the Hobbit films?||Mith|
|Standard for language articles||Mith, Morgan and Sage|
|Standard for Hobbit articles||Ederchil|
|Any other business||Anyone|
- Main Page
- Administrators should be allowed to update the Main Page in order to keep it fresh, so long as there are no Featured Articles/Quotes suitable.
- In the meantime, active members should participate in the existing Featured Articles process.
- The community will collectively draw up a list of 52 (or more) Featured Quotes, so the page can have fresh quotes for an entire year.
- The Hobbit (film series)
- Hobbit articles
- With regards to female married hobbits, preference shall be made to their maiden name, save where they are more popularly known by married name, especially in the case of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
- Numbers shall be placed after names, so for instance, "Isumbras Took III" and "Ponto Baggins II" over "Isumbras III Took" and "Ponto II Baggins".
- Dates in Shire-reckoning (using Template:SR) to be used, save for Hobbits who left the Shire in which case Third Age dates will be used, with some SR dates included.
- "Tolman Cotton Senior" to be moved to "Farmer Cotton".
- Technical issues were not discussed due to Hyarion's absence, although the community noted that the database had been unlocked without CAPTCHA.
- Standard for language articles was no discussed due to lack of time, however, the discussion can be continued in the forum.