Tolkien Gateway talk:Meetings/23 November 2008
Please put any ideas for the agenda and any general discussion here. Remember you must sign your name below if you are going to attend.
- --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 18:42, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits)
- -- 23:08, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- -- 01:48, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- --Hyarion 19:58, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
 Ideas for Agenda
- Future of Tolkien News and Tolkien Quotes?
- What sort of things should be included on the map (e.g. locations of conferences?)
- Advertising ourselves
- including on Facebook? In support of this there are Tolkien-specific fan pages and groups which have tens of thousands of members and I think it would be good if we could "tap into" that market
- Why don't we try to do a bit of a publicity stunt with the professor's birthday? Get some scholars and artists for some web chats?, perhaps we could do one of those Skype chats?, prizes?, go on and on and on to Google?
- Should we start thinking about page numbers or, at the very least, paragraph numbers in Tolkien books?
- How about scheduling meetings every two weeks, instead of trying weekly and then having to cancel them?
- Should we make room for a byline in infoboxes below the image, where we can properly credit the artist and work shown? -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits)