FA prospects
This is a well-written article with FA potential. A polishing would be good, with some increased subdividing into section, with some more refs.--Theoden1 13:41, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- I'm the one who wishes most to see this article in the FA section. However, there ain't enough Prozac in this world to make me open that book again for further expansion of the text. :) But I will add more References and rewrite the family tree. ~~ Þelma 14:05, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- I'll see if I can whip up a nice etymologies section, then... -- Ederchil 14:19, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- Are there any other possible pictures of Turin that could be used? The current one seems a little rough.Ælfwine228 17:45, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- And VERY movie-inspired. Do we have Alan Lee's CoH book art available or something? -- Ederchil 18:02, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- I believe you are talking about the image on the cover of the book. Well... we don't have it. But we do have this : Images of The Children of Húrin. And since it was ok to load those pics, I think it would be alright to load the picture of Túrin only too. I think. ~~ Þelma 18:37, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- Well, it has been changed with Alan Lee art. ~~ Þelma 16:05, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- I like it... though I think the quote's too long. I always liked "Farewell, O twice beloved! A Túrin Turambar turún ambartanen: master of
doom by doom mastered! O happy to be dead!" - Nienor, The Death of Glaurung. Though maybe that's a bit too spoilerish. -- Ederchil 16:16, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
- Oh, I like that too! Though IT IS a bit too spoilerish...On the other hand, who doesn't know Túrin died in the end? (Like that's a surprise anyways considering the previous events in his life...)~~ Þelma 16:29, 12 August 2008 (EDT)
 FA prospects, revisited
In order for this to become featured, this should be changed, IMHO:
- fully sourced
- history section needs to be expanded and subsectioned
- Long etymology section rather than "The Many names of"
- Better sources of Inspirations. More secondary literature.
- A new quote, see also above. I also like Gwindor's "The Doom lies in yourself, not in your name", which is definately true. -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 19:15, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Túrin is the most common name for this character (as well as being clearly the most popular of the Túrins), with Turambar being a soubriquet. I think this article should be moved to Túrin (which redirects here anyway). --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 08:47, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
 Second Prophecy of Mandos
About this line: "It was prophesied by the Vala Mandos that at the end of time Morgoth would wage a final battle against the Valar, the Final Battle, and that Túrin Turambar would deliver the death blow, exterminating evil forever." This is a discarded idea. Should it be updated to show the last version of the prophecy, in which Túrin kills Ancalagon in the War Wrath? —Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- It should mention both.-- 11:27, 24 October 2013 (UTC)