- During the First Age in Beleriand, Exilic Quenya lost its distinct accusative case, merging it with the nominative case.
- After the end of the First Age, the Exilic dialect changed word-initial w to v.
- After the end of the Second Age, the dialect changed word-initial ñ to n.
- Also during the Third Age, various words changed whereby sequences of -iV- (where V represents any arbitrary vowel) changed to -iyV-.
It is highly possible that at least some of these changes were adopted in Aman too as Noldor returned by sea over the ages, or died and re-embodied in the Halls of Mandos and rejoined Amanya Noldorin society. However, the Quenya of Aman (including that spoken by the Vanyar and Noldor who remained) is very poorly documented in official sources after the Noldor left Aman in the first place, so any linguistic trends of Amanya Quenya after this point are pure speculation. Indeed, it is difficult to assume the communal living conditions of the Noldor after most of them had returned, including whether they came again to live together in Tirion at all.
"Feanor in his rage led the Noldor over the Sea from Valinor to Middle-earth. The Noldor passed into the forested lands of the Sindar and were scattered there."
In "Old Quenya" of Aman this phrase is reconstructed as:
- Tulyane Fayanáro achazyasse Ñoldoi olla Aiar Valinórello Endórenna. Awanter Ñoldor miz taureai nórí Thindaron az náner wintainai tasse.
In later, classical Quenya that would be:
- Feanáro aharyasse tulyane Noldor olla Ear Valinorello Endorenna. Noldor oanter mir taurie nóri Sindaron ar náner vintaine tasse.
 See also
|Languages in Tolkien's works|
|Elvish languages||Avarin · Common Eldarin · Gnomish · Nandorin · Noldorin · Primitive Quendian · Quenya (Exilic · Qenya · Telerin · Valinorean · Vanyarin) · Silvan · Sindarin (Doriathrin · Falathrin · Gondor · Ilkorin · Mithrim · Old)|
|Mannish languages||Adûnaic · Dalish · Drúedainic · Dunlendish · Pre-Númenórean · Rohirric · Taliska · Westron (Hobbitish)|
|Dwarvish languages||Iglishmêk · Khuzdul|
|Other languages||Black Speech · Entish · Orkish · Valarin · Warg-language|
|Outside the legendarium||Animalic · Arktik · Mágol · Naffarin · Nevbosh|
|Scripts||Angerthas/Cirth (Daeron · Erebor · Moria) · Goblin Alphabet · Moon-letters · Tengwar · Sarati · Valmaric script|
|"A Secret Vice" (book) · "The Lhammas" · "The Tree of Tongues" · Sub-creation|